We had our anatomy scan this week and found out that we are expecting a girl. Everything looks healthy and she is measuring 19 weeks and weighing 12 oz. I can’t believe that my pregnancy is basically halfway over. It seems like the first half flew by and I’m really hoping that the second half doesn’t do the same! Since our first was a boy, I’m starting to think about what ‘girly’ things we can add to our baby paraphernalia. Of course, I’ll keep you all up-to-date with my new diaper purchases. For now, here’s what’s on my shopping list.
1. Aden + Anais Dream Blanket in For the Birds Medallion Since I already have a changing pad cover and crib sheet in neutrals, a pinky blanket might be a nice touch. These are so soft and snuggly and large enough to fit through toddlerhood.
2. Dolcino Wrap in Stromboli I used two soft structured carriers with my son and loved them, but I was always intimidated by wraps. This time, I want to learn how to wear baby in one of these cozy woven wraps. Since there are so many babywearing experts working at Sweetbottoms, I am confident I’ll be ready.
4. Pediped Originals in Sadie Pink Okay these are just sweet! Pediped makes three different styles of shoes for babies’ growing feet. The Originals are the soft-soled kind for early walkers. My son started walking at 9 months, so I’m prepared for another set of feet to be following behind him sooner than later.
5. Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag in April Flowers I totally have a million Planet Wise bags already– okay I have only six– but before I tried to pick neutrals and nothing too girly. This is one of their new prints and I just love it. Since I’ll be looking at it for the next few years, I might as well look at something pretty, right?
6. GroVia Newborn All-in-One Diaper in Peacocks I remember a few months ago when their new prints came out I loved these peacocks. Now I’ll have a girly bum to put one on! The Newborn All-in-One diaper will fit perfectly at the beginning. Even though I’ll use prefolds and covers, I still like to have a small stock of All-in-One diapers to throw in the diaper bag. Not only are they more convenient, they also tend to be trimmer when babies are very small so that clothes fit better.
7. Swaddlebees One Size All-in-One Diaper in Butterflies I love these diapers. I have several of their sized diapers in large and want to round out my collection with these. The One Size probably won’t fit right at the start, but if she’s anything like her brother, she will be a chunky monkey in no time! My favorite part about these is that the soaker pad can be stuffed inside or lay on top with a stay-dry fleece layer against her skin. I like having the option of natural or synthetic material in the same diaper. Plus, well, they have super-cute prints.
8. My Little Legs Girly Stripes 4-pack Another thing I never really tried with my son. We have such a varied selection of baby legwarmers, I’m sure I’ll have one to match every onesie. They are convenient because they make diaper changes easy and look sweet under a skirt or with just a t-shirt and (of course, coordinating) diaper.
What did you do or buy for your second child that you didn’t for your first?
Comments will be approved before showing up.