Since we are visiting relatives in Louisiana and Texas this month, I decided to bring a few gifts for our nieces and a new nephew that’s due to arrive in late March. Of course, I can’t resist the darling things we carry at Sweetbottoms so gift-giving is a great excuse to buy more!
For the Niece:
One of my husband’s brothers has two daughters. The oldest is just about the same age as my son and the youngest is nearly 6 months old. Here’s what I brought for them:
1. Fun hair bows by My Little Legs are perfect for little girls who are learning to match colors. The two-year-old who will be wearing these is very aware of what goes with her outfits. The other day she insisted on wearing her mom’s bracelet after pointing out it was the “same” color as her t-shirt!
2. CJ’s BUTTerSpritz in the most fantastic Lullaby Baby Lotion fragrance. I love all of the CJ’s products, but the spritz is the best for squirmy babies who want the diaper change to be finished ASAP. It takes just one hand and one second to apply.
3.The Aden + Anais single-layer sleep sack is perfect for warm Texas nights. The A +A fabric is just so soft and cozy against baby’s soft skin. And I can’t get enough of their girl prints either!
For the Nephew:
We are all excited for the new edition to the family, who will be my husband’s other brother’s first child. I guess I went a little crazy on the Aden + Anais stuff. But seriously, have you felt the incredibly soft cotton muslin material? It makes everything else feel like sandpaper. I didn’t even know about it when my son was born. I imagine my next one is going to be draped in it.
1. Aden + Anais Swaddle Blanket 4-pack. These are definitely the most recommended swaddle blankets I’ve heard about. But they can be used far after the swaddling stage has finished as a light blanket, play mat, or as walls to a blanket fort!
2. Aden + Anais Dribble Bibs. I so wish I’d had these when my son was going through his ‘Happy Spitter’ phase. None of the bibs I had were absorbent enough. Not only are these super thick and soft, they are also much broader than the standard fabric bib.
3. Aden + Anais Nibble Bibs. These bibs do double duty as contoured burp cloths and eating bibs that can be snapped around the baby’s shoulders. It sometimes feels like all the things we need for baby have such a short lifespan. I always go for things that can be used in different ways over a long period of time.
4. Woombie Swaddler and Hat Set. We sell these things like hotcakes and so many customers have told me that their babies sleep so much better with them. I figured it might be a lifesaver for my sister-in-law. This Woombie set includes a sweet matching hat too.
5. Aden + Anais Four-Layer Sleep Sack. My nieces have loved these sleep sacks and I loved the handsome solid blue. This is the thicker version that’s super-cozy for chillier nights. These run pretty big and I think he will get several months’ use out of it.
What are your go-to gifts for new babies or the children of your extended family? Do you like to buy things that you used and loved?
Comments will be approved before showing up.