Getting together with other nursing moms and making lactation cookies? Yes Please!
Three of us got together one Sunday afternoon to have a Lactation Cookie Party. It was a great idea. We all had little nurslings (5 months or less) who were in attendance as well. This was a great way to talk about breastfeeding and mommy hood – all while building up our supply. Recipes we used can be found at the bottom of this post.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of whole ground flax seed
- 1 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- 1 12 ounce package of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, nutritional yeast, and water in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the ground flax seed into the wet ingredients. Combine thoroughly.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 inch balls of the cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Store the peanut butter chocolate chip lactation cookies in an airtight container.
White Chocolate Chip and Craisins
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons Brewer’s Yeast
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup mini white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Craisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix 4 tablespoons of water and flaxseed meal in a bowl – set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine coconut oil, applesauce, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well. It will not be creamy like chocolate chips cookies made with butter.
- This is usually when I remember to preheat the oven – Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, and your flaxseed meal mixture. Mix well.
- Add your flour, oats, and fun ingredients (chocolate chips, apple pie spice, etc). The dough will be sticky. It takes me 15 minutes to get to this point.
- I used a pampered chef cookie scoop – the 1” size I think and placed 12 scoops on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. You could make the cookies smaller.
- Bake for 9 minutes. They will be slightly soft when you take them out. Remove to the counter or a baking rack to cool. I don’t let them sit on the cookie sheet because I want to put the next batch in and minimize my hands on time with these.